Tuesday, December 8

Me and my buddy

.

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee."
-- Gen. 12:3


"If thou shalt indeed obey his voice... then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies and an adversary unto thine adversaries."
-- Ex. 23:22

God is making a deal with the Israelites ("Quid pro quo, Clarice"; from the last entry).

"If you do as I say, I got your back! You my boy! Ain't no one gonna mess with you!"


"And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you."

-- Don Corleone, to Bonasera,
"The Godfather" (1972, screenplay by Mario Puzo and Francis Ford Coppola)


A predominance of "Godfather" quotes as of late.


Am I comparing The Almighty to a mob boss?

I guess I am... but Brando DID win the Oscar for it.

But that's the big bargaining chip between God and Abraham/Moses/the Israelites.

That's what being a part of a group is all about. That's why people join gangs. Someone has your back! Someone is watching out for you.

And that's a lot!

"Forget them slayer, I got your back."

-- Spike, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (TV series, created by Joss Whedon)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment